Hinkler Podiatry – Bundaberg Podiatry
Hinkler Podiatry is your locally owned and operated podiatry clinic. As Medibank Private Members Choice providers, we are passionate about treating your foot pain, leg pain and improving your injury recovery times. Our team will offer you and your family a choice of the latest evidence based treatment and management options, working with you to achieve your treatment goals.
You do not need a referral unless you are a DVA (Department of Veterans Affairs) card holder, or you have been placed under an EPC (Enhanced Primary Care) plan by your doctor.
You don’t have to put up with foot pain.
We have 6 experienced clinicians providing a complete range of care of people’s foot problems. Our main clinic is located in Bundaberg with our other podiatry clinic in Childers. We also proudly support our community through sporting sponsorship’s, donations to local charities and participation in public health initiatives like Diabetes info days.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need a Dr's referral to see a podiatrist?
- No, a referral from a GP is not usually required. However if you carry a DVA Gold or White Card, you will need a referral or D904. Also, if you are wishing to be seen under the Enhanced Primary Care Plan, a current referral is required.
- Is it expensive?
- Hinkler Podiatry offers very competitive pricing. Initial consultations are $70 and a subsequent is $57. As a Medibank Private Member's Choice Provider and Bupa Members First Provider, we can offer members of their respective health funds a greater rebate on their podiatry services. Our orthotics and footwear prices are also very competitive.
- How old do you need to be to see a podiatrist?
- Podiatry can look after your foot health, no matter what age. Children often develop problems like toe walking, warts and a type of heel pain called Sever's. Podiatry can help ensure your feet stay healthy in the workplace as well as helping to maintain independence and mobility in later life.
- Where are you located?
- We have clinics in Bundaberg and Childers. Our address details and a Google Map for each clinic can be found on the locations page within our website. Please note: If you are in Bargara, Gin Gin, Hervey Bay or anywhere else within the Wide Bay, Burnett or Southern Great Barrier Reef region and are happy to travel to receive quality foot care and Podiatry, feel free to contact us to book an appointment.
- What else do podiatrists do besides cut toenails?
- Podiatrists offer a range of services including assessing foot function and biomechanics. This can sometimes result in knee or back pain. Podiatrists can rehabilitate injuries, manage plantar fasciitis without using needles, can perform in chair nail surgery, can asses children's gait and can offer footwear advice to name just a few. At Hinkler Podiatry, we use a variety of equipment including Laser, ultrasound, radial wave therapy, dry needling, mobilisations, kinesiology taping, computer aided gait assessment, offer walking "moon boots" and wound care shoes, Flir thermal imaging, paraffin wax baths, can provide specific strengthening exercises for the foot and have the facilities to assess foot position while cycling. We are also proud to offer training in the role Nordic Walking can play in improving your mobility, health and contribute to weight management.
- What do I need to bring to my appointment?
- To your appointment, please bring your shoes that you wear most of the time and when you are exercising (or experiencing the foot problem). It is also beneficial to wear shorts in case the podiatrist needs to assess hip or hamstring range of motion. A list of current medications is also beneficial, along with any allergies. If you have had previous orthotics, please bring those as well.
- Why do your fees and orthotics cost less than some others? Are they lesser quality?
- Hinkler Podiatry is proud to supply our customers with the highest industry quality devices, customised to your individual needs. We have our orthotics made in consultation with our customers needs and desires (flexibility, durability, choice of top cover, thickness) to achieve the best clinical results. We offer discounts for multiple devices made with the same prescription and will offer comprehensive follow up service.
Hinkler Podiatry are winners of the 2015 Bundaberg Chamber of Commerce Business Excellence Awards for the Categories of Health & Well Being and Personal Services. They also won the Health & Well Being award in 2012 and 2011.